Nearly five years ago I concluded that it was silly to rent a modem from the cable company on a month by month basis when I could buy my own for less than a hundred bucks. Enough time and technology has passed since then that it’s time for a home network upgrade. I plan to visit the cable company and get their recommended hardware since apparently, I’m unable to get the speed that I pay for.

It’s also time to run some new network cables to a few strategic points around the house so I’ll wrap all of this into one project and get it on the to-do list which means it could take a long time but at least I’ll feel guilty about being behind on the to-do list…

I’ve spent a little more time exploring the RSS feed problem mentioned yesterday. It’s tough to troubleshoot given that my feed reader and browser cache articles so what looks good to me doesn’t necessarily reflect reality. I did get a note from a reader confirming the problem (thanks!) and that’s been a help in figuring out what’s really going on.