I pre-ordered an ICOM IC-9700 today. The new transceiver looks almost identical to the IC-7300 but covers only VHF, UHF, and 1.2Ghz. I intend for this to anchor my new VHF and up station that will also facilitate EME, meteor scatter, VHF Contesting, and satellite operation.
The price is unknown at this point and we don’t know when it will be available. This one has been dangling just out of reach since late last summer but I’m guessing it may be ready to ship in time for Hamvention.
Some of the features include:
- Direct-Sampling SDR design
- High definition, Real-Time TFT display
- Connection for external display
- Main and Sub RX
- Dual Real-Time Spectrum and Waterfall displays
- Dual Watch (with Spectrum/Waterfall displays)
- Touchscreen interface (LCD touch-screen control)
- 50 Watts RF 2m and 70cm; 10 Watts RF 1.2 GHz
- Expected connectors: 2m SO-239, 70cm Type N, 1.2 GHz Type N
- ICOM D-STAR