Issue 95 | July 3, 2017
S9BT & S9WL CQ from the center of the Earth by Nuria Font, EA3WL
“2016 was going to be a very special year for Josep Gibert, EA3BT and me as it marked the 20th anniversary of our first international DXpedition that took place in 1996 as 8Q7BT & 8Q7WL, which became our international baptism”.
– from the Spring 2017 edition of the NCDXF newsletter.
LoTW - 846,957,030 QSO records have been entered into the system resulting in 149,313,406 QSL records to date.
Breakdown of various logging software products that have been detected by Club Log this month.
The Raspberry Pi has won the UK’s top engineering award. The team behind the device was awarded the Royal Academy of Engineering’s MacRobert Prize at a ceremony in London recently.
The Bouvet Island, 2018 presentation given by Nodir, EY8MM at the 2017 Top Band Dinner in Dayton is now available for download.
Unified Microsystems specializes in developing unique products for Radio Amateurs and modules for electronic engineers, students, and hobbyists.
The ZL1SIX Ocean Floater battery is flat and now QRT after 407 days of operation - but what a fascinating project!
Nova for Windows, the venerable satellite tracking software is no longer supported and is now available for download as freeware.
FIRST REMINDER - Mark your calendar and start making plans to attend the premier technical conference of the year, the 36th Annual ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference to be held September 15–17, 2017. in St Louis, MO.
FIRST REMINDER - The 65th W9DXCC DX Convention and Banquet takes place on Friday-Saturday September 15–16, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg.
Ten More Clicks
- LP–500/LP–700 Digital Station Monitor
- LMR 400UF Type, Stranded Conductor, Assemblies w/PL259 (UHF) Connectors
- USB Charger Doctor - In-line Voltage and Current Meter
- USB Voltage Meter with OLED Display
- ARRL and IARU Headquarters Stations to be Active during IARU HF Championship
- Attic AMSAT Antenna
- KD9SV BOG Beverage-On-Ground Antenna Transformers SV-BOG
- BreadBoard RF103 - by ik1xpv
- The Tiny Satellites Ushering in the New Space Revolution
- Increasingly Wireless Age Still Good Fit for Ham Radio
Short letter this week due to the extended holiday weekend in the US. Hope you and yours enjoy a refreshing time of relaxation over these few Summer days.
See you again next week!