Odds and Ends
March 02, 2023
Busy weekend ahead including the ARRL International DX Contest (SSB). Until then, a few odds and ends…
- EI7GL calculates the cost for the recent Bouvet operation at $38 per QSO. Was it worth it? I would say an emphatic “YES” for those that made it into the log and a big old “MEH” for those of us who did not. I doubt I’ll ever have the chance to work Bouvet again but I can live with that.
- The latest edition of The Beacon newsletter from West Mountain Radio includes an article with details on using an Elecraft K2 with RIGblaster Blue on Linux and Windows.
- Stop making payments on your future Ford vehicle and it might just repossess itself and drive off to the impound lot.
- Ham Radio and the Cult was a short piece with a behind the scene look at ham radio and the Jonestown incident. A few days ago I added this link to that post - an article from the August 1979 CQ Magazine on the same.
- A whiskey fungus is growing near the hometown of Jack Daniel’s. There's bound to be a good country song hiding in that news...
- I still enjoy Dilbert.