home > dx code
DX Code of Conduct
From the original author of the DX Code of Conduct, Randy
Johnson, W6SJ: "As a reference for myself, and for all those
engaged in amateur radio, here is a copy of the DX code of conduct.
You are encouraged to copy it wherever you like. To make things
clearer, I numbered each rule of conduct and highlighted the most
- I will listen, and listen, and then listen again
- I will only call, if I can copy the DX station
- I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of the
DX station's call sign before calling.
- I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and
will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX
- I will wait for the DX station to end a contact
before I call.
- I will always send my full call sign.
- I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval. I will
not call continuously.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator calls
another call sign, not mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator queries a
call sign not like mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX station requests
geographic areas other than mine.
- When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call
sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.
- I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact.
- I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as
to earn their respect.