When I arrived home tonight I downloaded the latest version of TQSL and updated the configuration file per the instructions. I deleted the conversion from FT8 to data filter that I had put into place a few weeks back.

Then I exported all my FT8 contacts from my logging program in ADIF format.

I opened TQSL and signed this new export file and uploaded it to LoTW as usual.

Ten minutes later, the 500 contacts that I had made using FT8 but had uploaded as a DATA type magically turned into valid FT8 contacts, exactly the way the instructions said it would work.

I love it when a plan comes together.